At John C. Cassidy, we believe that regular professional preventive maintenance of your cooling and heating system is the most important thing a home or business owner can do to ensure longevity and operational efficiency. All brands of air conditioners provide more comfort and stand a better chance of longer life and efficient operation when regularly maintained.
Pair a regular preventive maintenance plan from John C. Cassidy with a high-quality unit like we recommend—including Trane, Carrier, Rheem, Ruud, Amana and York—and you now have a recipe for a system that will last years and years, operate efficiently and give you peace of mind.
Our preventive maintenance plans concentrate on 16 main points, critical to the comfort and the electrical and mechanical integrity of your system. Customers who contract with us not only receive priority maintenance and repair scheduling, but also receive a 20 percent discount on all repairs for the life of their preventive maintenance contract. At each preventive maintenance service call, we:
- Check, clean or replace filter for efficient operation
- Check and clean condensate drain pan and drain line, preventing water damage
- Check and calibrate thermostat to ensure even temperature
- Check and lubricate all bearings, reducing wear
- Check expansion valve for peak efficiency and maximum cooling
- Check evaporator coil
- Check, clean and remove all vegetation from outdoor coil
- Check and tighten electrical connections
- Check and electronically measure amperage draw
- Check fan blade to ensure they are tightly fastened
- Check, adjust or replace belts for proper air flow
- Check temperature difference
- Check refrigerant level
- Check pumping capacity of compressor
- Check start and run capacitors
- Check operation of heat
We offer annual schedules of preventive maintenance service calls, including monthly, bimonthly, quarterly and twice a year. We can also customize a plan just for you. We service homeowners with a single unit up to estates with complex environmental needs, and commercial properties with industrial-sized comfort control systems. At John C. Cassidy, no job is too big or small.